- The Star's 2018-19 Girls Scholar-Athletes - Ventura County Star July 20, 2019The Star's 2018-19 Girls Scholar-Athletes Ventura County StarVentura. Peyton Erickson Buy Photo. Peyton Erickson (Photo: ANTHONY PLASCENCIA/THE […]
- 2018-19 Standard-Times Girls Super Team - SouthCoastToday.com July 20, 20192018-19 Standard-Times Girls Super Team SouthCoastToday.comSUPER TEAMMaggie Gallagher, Apponequet, SophomoreGallagher led the way in distance running […]
- Wesley Moraes at Aston Villa 2019/20 – scout report - Football Bloody Hell July 20, 2019Wesley Moraes at Aston Villa 2019/20 – scout report Football Bloody HellAston Villa broke the club's transfer record to bring in Wesley Moraes f […]
- The Star's 2018-19 Boys Scholar-Athletes - Ventura County Star July 20, 2019The Star's 2018-19 Boys Scholar-Athletes Ventura County StarRoyal. Kevin Daniel (Photo: CONTRIBUTED PHOTO). GPA: 4.63. College choice: Universit […]
- LISD’s flu rates doubled in 2018-19 from previous year - Laredo Morning Times July 20, 2019LISD’s flu rates doubled in 2018-19 from previous year Laredo Morning TimesThe percentage of LISD students with the flu doubled compared to last year […]
- Long delays to NHS cataract operations leave elderly at risk July 20, 2019New data reveals badly missed targets despite increased use of private sector providersPeople with poor eyesight are being forced to wait almost six months for operations on the NHS to remove cataracts, official figures reveal.Patients in Herefordshire are facing average delays of 168 days – five months and 17 days – for cataract surgery, according […]Denis Campbell and Pamela Duncan
- March for Change: anti-Brexit protesters take to London streets July 20, 2019March takes place three days before Boris Johnson is expected to become Tory leaderThousands of demonstrators from across the country assembled in central London today to march against Brexit, and Boris Johnson’s likely move into No 10, as well as to push for a second Brexit referendum.At first sight, the message of the “No to […]Jedidajah Otte in London
- Iran's top diplomat in UK summoned over seizure of Stena Impero tanker July 20, 2019UK foreign secretary expresses ‘extreme disappointment’ over action to Iranian counterpart The British government has summoned Tehran’s top diplomat in London and warned UK ships to temporarily avoid the strait of Hormuz after Iran seized a British-flagged tanker off its coast, deepening the crisis in the Gulf.The British foreign secretary, Jeremy Hunt, said on Saturday […]Emma Graham-Harrison
- ‘London’s galleries would drool’: ancient festival boosts ailing Welsh arts scene July 20, 2019Despite a flurry of venue closures, next month’s Eisteddfod will showcase a vibrant centre of creativityThere will be tunics and flowing cloaks, to say nothing of ancient chants, when the archdruid of the Gorsedd of Bards officiates at the annual “chairing of the bard” ceremony in August.But the crowds who gather by the River Conwy […]Vanessa Thorpe
- Two men suspected of releasing CS gas on London tube train July 20, 2019Passengers treated for coughing and shortness of breath at Oxford Circus stationPolice are looking for two male suspects after gas was released in a tube train carriage in central London.A number of people were treated at the scene by paramedics at Oxford Circus station for coughing and lack of breath. Continue reading...Nadeem Badshah
- Jamie Oliver lost £25million when his restaurant chain collapsed costing 1,000 jobs July 20, 2019Oliver, 44, who owns a north London mansion, has dipped into his own personal bank account to pay the wages of roughly 1,000 redundant staff and compensate creditors.
- Transgender woman, 26, who doused ex-boyfriend in bleach then tried to set him on fire spared jail July 20, 2019Charlotte Blundell admitted attempted criminal damage of a police vehicle at North Tyneside Magistrates' Court. Blundell had previously been jailed for a 'frenzied' bleach incident.
- Off-duty officer wins bravery award for confronting hammer-wielding woman while dressed in pyjamas July 20, 2019PC Kelda Griffiths was getting ready for bed when she saw a woman smashing windows on her street in Port Talbot, Wales. The officer grabbed the woman but was bitten and beaten by attacker.
- Could you live like this? A fascinating new show explores a Christian sect in deepest Sussex July 20, 2019A new documentary explores the Bruderhof community in Robertsbridge, Sussex. Around 300 people live in the Christian sect which emerged from First World War Germany.
- Pictured: Army private, 27, leaves wife and three children after being killed in car crash July 20, 2019Private Ross Thomas Standing, 27, who was based at RAF Brize Norton, Oxfordshire, was declared dead at the scene of the collision which took place last Saturday on the A420.
Reacting to My 2018/19 Premier League Predictions. Here’s my review of my predictions for the 2018/19 Premier League season for the champions, top 4, relegation, overachievers, as well as the races for the first manager to be sacked and the golden boot winner.
sack race and the top scorer.
► SUBSCRIBE to STATMAN DAVE: http://bit.ly/StatmanDaveYoutube
Let’s start from the bottom, I went with a bottom three of Brighton, Cardiff and Huddersfield. A very close call, as Fulham unfortunately dropped into the bottom three. Additions of Andre Schurrle & Jean Seri had many Premier League fans expectations high for The Cottagers. Already having an established goal scorer in Aleksandar Mitrovic, who managed to get 11 goals this season, many fancied Fulham to even finish in the top 10. Although Brighton & Hove Albion managed to stay up in the Premier League after a difficult season, manager Chris Hughton was sacked after losing 4-1 to Pep Guardiola’s Manchester City, who picked up the Premier League title at The American Express Stadium.
Moving up to the top four race and Champions League places, Chelsea and Spurs finished ahead of my predicted sides (Manchester United & Arsenal). All four sides challenging for the Champions League spot, have had their ups and downs throughout the season. After falling 11 points behind the top four under Jose Mourinho, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s Manchester United had a say in the top four race down to the last two weeks of the Premier League, although we did get Pogba’s improvement correct as he managed 22 goal contributions, compared to last years 16. With Arsenal fighting to the end in the Europa League they needed their best players to step up to be able to compete on all fronts, and unfortunately Mesut Ozil did not turn out to be the key man we expected under Unai Emery.
The title race went down to the wire in the Premier League this season Pep Guardiola’s Manchester City and Jurgen Klopp’s Liverpool taking it to the last day. Even after finishing on 97 points and being on top in December, The Reds fell short of the Premier League title with Man City finishing just one point ahead and claiming their first ever back to back title. Liverpool stayed in the title race to the end, with clear improvement from the back with Virgil van Dijk and Alisson, leading them to finishing with the most clean sheets in the Premier League. Even going forward Liverpool had shown improvement this season with a spread of goals between the attacking line, Sadio Mane & Mohamed Salah both finishing as tied top scorers with Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang on 22 goals. Unfortunately for the Merseyside team, Manchester City had also added quality in attacking areas with Riyad Mahrez, and weren’t far off reaching their brilliant 100 point season again.