- 2018-19 Clark Cup Champion Sioux Falls Stampede Plays of the Year - KDLT News May 20, 20192018-19 Clark Cup Champion Sioux Falls Stampede Plays of the Year KDLT NewsSIOUX FALLS, S.D. — From a young roster at the start of their year, to the […]
- Premier League 2018/19 – Best Transfers XI - We Are Hooligans May 20, 2019Premier League 2018/19 – Best Transfers XI We Are HooligansWith the 2018-19 Premier League season wrapping up, we can now look back on the transfers […]
- Lakers Free Agency Rumors: Some Teams Growing 'Wary' Of Signing Kyrie Irving After 2018-19 Celtics Season - LakersNation.com May 19, 2019Lakers Free Agency Rumors: Some Teams Growing 'Wary' Of Signing Kyrie Irving After 2018-19 Celtics Season LakersNation.comSome teams report […]
- 2018-19 College Basketball and Football Combined Winners - MikeDropsports May 19, 20192018-19 College Basketball and Football Combined Winners MikeDropsportsDuring the 2018-19 season, 11 schools won at least one game in the NCAA Tourna […]
- 2018-19 Rockets review: Clint Capela - Houston Chronicle May 19, 20192018-19 Rockets review: Clint Capela Houston Chronicle For most of the first season of Clint Capela's new contract, he looked like a bargain. He […]
- Revised MoD guidance could leave door open for torture May 19, 2019Updated protocol allows information sharing even if torture may have been usedThe Ministry of Defence has insisted that newly emerged departmental guidance on the sharing of intelligence derived from torture with allies, remains in line with practices agreed in the aftermath of a series of scandals following the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq.An MoD document […]Dan Sabbagh Defence and security editor
- British nationals to be banned from parts of Syria under new law May 19, 2019Those who enter or remain in Idlib or north-east could face 10 years in jail, Sajid Javid to warnBritish nationals are to be banned from entering or remaining in parts of conflict-stricken Syria in the first use of a controversial new power.The home secretary, Sajid Javid, will reveal on Monday how he expects the law, […]Jamie Grierson
- Royal Mail to launch UK's first parcel postboxes May 19, 2019Parcel boxes to be introduced across the country, with aim to help small businessesThe Royal Mail is launching the UK’s first parcel postboxes across the country.The move follows a successful trial and is the first major change in the use of postboxes in 160 years. Continue reading...Press Association
- Brexit party's funding must be investigated, says Gordon Brown May 19, 2019Former PM is concerned ‘dirty money’ from foreign donors could reach Nigel Farage’s partyThe Electoral Commission is under mounting pressure to launch an investigation into the funding of Nigel Farage’s Brexit party because of concerns that its donation structure could allow foreign interference in British democracy.Before Thursday’s crucial European elections, Gordon Brown has written to […]Heather Stewart, Carole Cadwalladr and Frances Perraudin
- UK property register 'needed urgently' to stop money laundering May 19, 2019MPs and peers say plans for register of foreign-owned property should not be delayedProposals for the first register of foreign-owned property aimed at preventing “McMafia-style” money laundering should be put in practice urgently and reinforced to plug potential loopholes, the government has been told.Draft legislation contains insufficient verification checks to deter criminals from submitting false […]Owen Bowcott Legal affairs correspondent
- Game of Thrones Season 8 Episode 6 recap details May 20, 2019SPOILER ALERT After eight epic seasons, Game of Thrones is finally coming to an end on Sunday night with the highly-anticipated series finale that spans 80 minutes.
- New video reveals Arnold Schwarzenegger barely budged by 'crazed fan' who drop-kicked him in back May 20, 2019After the initial video of the attack when viral, Arnold Schwarzenegger, 71, tweeted out a second video, showing a wide shot of the incident, presenting a very different version of the shocking event.
- Trump issues menacing threat to Iran May 20, 2019Taking to Twitter, at just after 4pm ET, the president posted: 'If Iran wants to fight, that will be the official end of Iran. Never threaten the United States again!'
- Leonardo DiCaprio takes girlfriend Camila Morrone's photo during rare outing in Cannes May 20, 2019The Oscar winning actor proved his Instagram boyfriend status as he turned photographer during his lunch date at Hotel du Cap-Eden-Roc with the striking model.
- Grieving Game of Thrones fans can pay £40-an-hour to speak to a counsellor about the show's ending May 20, 2019A counselling service is available for fans who need someone to talk to about the ending of Game of Thrones after the final episode airs in the UK today.
Reacting to My 2018/19 Premier League Predictions. Here’s my review of my predictions for the 2018/19 Premier League season for the champions, top 4, relegation, overachievers, as well as the races for the first manager to be sacked and the golden boot winner.
sack race and the top scorer.
► SUBSCRIBE to STATMAN DAVE: http://bit.ly/StatmanDaveYoutube
Let’s start from the bottom, I went with a bottom three of Brighton, Cardiff and Huddersfield. A very close call, as Fulham unfortunately dropped into the bottom three. Additions of Andre Schurrle & Jean Seri had many Premier League fans expectations high for The Cottagers. Already having an established goal scorer in Aleksandar Mitrovic, who managed to get 11 goals this season, many fancied Fulham to even finish in the top 10. Although Brighton & Hove Albion managed to stay up in the Premier League after a difficult season, manager Chris Hughton was sacked after losing 4-1 to Pep Guardiola’s Manchester City, who picked up the Premier League title at The American Express Stadium.
Moving up to the top four race and Champions League places, Chelsea and Spurs finished ahead of my predicted sides (Manchester United & Arsenal). All four sides challenging for the Champions League spot, have had their ups and downs throughout the season. After falling 11 points behind the top four under Jose Mourinho, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s Manchester United had a say in the top four race down to the last two weeks of the Premier League, although we did get Pogba’s improvement correct as he managed 22 goal contributions, compared to last years 16. With Arsenal fighting to the end in the Europa League they needed their best players to step up to be able to compete on all fronts, and unfortunately Mesut Ozil did not turn out to be the key man we expected under Unai Emery.
The title race went down to the wire in the Premier League this season Pep Guardiola’s Manchester City and Jurgen Klopp’s Liverpool taking it to the last day. Even after finishing on 97 points and being on top in December, The Reds fell short of the Premier League title with Man City finishing just one point ahead and claiming their first ever back to back title. Liverpool stayed in the title race to the end, with clear improvement from the back with Virgil van Dijk and Alisson, leading them to finishing with the most clean sheets in the Premier League. Even going forward Liverpool had shown improvement this season with a spread of goals between the attacking line, Sadio Mane & Mohamed Salah both finishing as tied top scorers with Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang on 22 goals. Unfortunately for the Merseyside team, Manchester City had also added quality in attacking areas with Riyad Mahrez, and weren’t far off reaching their brilliant 100 point season again.