- When Jodie Comer met Stephen Graham: the secret behind Killing Eve star’s big break - The Guardian May 19, 2019When Jodie Comer met Stephen Graham: the secret behind Killing Eve star’s big break The GuardianWhen Jodie Comer gave an emotional acceptance speech […]
- DEBORAH ROSS: The mother of all Bafta travesties... - Daily Mail May 18, 2019DEBORAH ROSS: The mother of all Bafta travesties... Daily MailI only watched the Baftas in order to see Mum scoop all the awards. 'I will enjoy […]
- Kate Garraway challenges critics who put her on the Baftas worst dressed list - Metro.co.uk May 17, 2019Kate Garraway challenges critics who put her on the Baftas worst dressed list Metro.co.ukGood Morning Britain's Kate Garraway appeared on Loose […]
- On stage at Baftas: A family destroyed by traffic fine tragedy - Camden New Journal newspapers website May 17, 2019On stage at Baftas: A family destroyed by traffic fine tragedy Camden New Journal newspapers websiteTHE family of a motorcycle courier who took his o […]
- BAFTA to honour Epic Games with Special Award - Green Man Gaming Newsroom May 16, 2019BAFTA to honour Epic Games with Special Award Green Man Gaming NewsroomBAFTA has announced that it will honour Epic Games with a Special Award, for t […]
- Revised MoD guidance could leave door open for torture May 19, 2019Updated protocol allows information sharing even if torture may have been usedThe Ministry of Defence has insisted that newly emerged departmental guidance on the sharing of intelligence derived from torture with allies, remains in line with practices agreed in the aftermath of a series of scandals following the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq.An MoD document […]Dan Sabbagh Defence and security editor
- British nationals to be banned from parts of Syria under new law May 19, 2019Those who enter or remain in Idlib or north-east could face 10 years in jail, Sajid Javid to warnBritish nationals are to be banned from entering or remaining in parts of conflict-stricken Syria in the first use of a controversial new power.The home secretary, Sajid Javid, will reveal on Monday how he expects the law, […]Jamie Grierson
- Royal Mail to launch UK's first parcel postboxes May 19, 2019Parcel boxes to be introduced across the country, with aim to help small businessesThe Royal Mail is launching the UK’s first parcel postboxes across the country.The move follows a successful trial and is the first major change in the use of postboxes in 160 years. Continue reading...Press Association
- Brexit party's funding must be investigated, says Gordon Brown May 19, 2019Former PM is concerned ‘dirty money’ from foreign donors could reach Nigel Farage’s partyThe Electoral Commission is under mounting pressure to launch an investigation into the funding of Nigel Farage’s Brexit party because of concerns that its donation structure could allow foreign interference in British democracy.Before Thursday’s crucial European elections, Gordon Brown has written to […]Heather Stewart, Carole Cadwalladr and Frances Perraudin
- UK property register 'needed urgently' to stop money laundering May 19, 2019MPs and peers say plans for register of foreign-owned property should not be delayedProposals for the first register of foreign-owned property aimed at preventing “McMafia-style” money laundering should be put in practice urgently and reinforced to plug potential loopholes, the government has been told.Draft legislation contains insufficient verification checks to deter criminals from submitting false […]Owen Bowcott Legal affairs correspondent
- Game of Thrones Season 8 Episode 6 recap details May 20, 2019SPOILER ALERT After eight epic seasons, Game of Thrones is finally coming to an end on Sunday night with the highly-anticipated series finale that spans 80 minutes.
- New video reveals Arnold Schwarzenegger barely budged by 'crazed fan' who drop-kicked him in back May 20, 2019After the initial video of the attack when viral, Arnold Schwarzenegger, 71, tweeted out a second video, showing a wide shot of the incident, presenting a very different version of the shocking event.
- Trump issues menacing threat to Iran May 20, 2019Taking to Twitter, at just after 4pm ET, the president posted: 'If Iran wants to fight, that will be the official end of Iran. Never threaten the United States again!'
- Leonardo DiCaprio takes girlfriend Camila Morrone's photo during rare outing in Cannes May 20, 2019The Oscar winning actor proved his Instagram boyfriend status as he turned photographer during his lunch date at Hotel du Cap-Eden-Roc with the striking model.
- Grieving Game of Thrones fans can pay £40-an-hour to speak to a counsellor about the show's ending May 20, 2019A counselling service is available for fans who need someone to talk to about the ending of Game of Thrones after the final episode airs in the UK today.
► Subscribe to 5 News: http://bit.ly/5NewsSub
► Spy thriller ‘Killing Eve’ was the big winner at the 2019 British Academy Television Awards.
The BBC America programme took three of the BAFTA mask trophies including best drama series and best actress for Jodie Comer who plays assassin Villanelle. Co-star Sandra Oh was also nominated for best actress.
An emotional Comer dedicated her award to her late grandmother and paid tribute to the show’s writer Phoebe Waller-Bridge. Breaking down into tears, Comer told Waller-Bridge who was in the audience, “I feel so lucky to say I worked with you, also to call you a friend. You’re the most talented person I know, also an inspiration.”
Waller-Bridge accepted the award for Best Drama Series and thanked the entire cast including Comer who she said almost swallowed a wasp during production in Italy calling it “a really edgy moment.”
► #5News #News #BAFTAs
► Follow 5 News:
► About 5 News: Channel 5 News covers the key events of the day with a boldness to often lead on different stories to other news programmes and put people at the heart of its news reports.
The flagship programme at 5pm is watched by up to a million viewers, with a later bulletin broadcast at 6.30pm and regular short news updates throughout the day.
The Channel 5 News operation is located in a bespoke state-of-the-art newsroom based at Channel 5, linked to ITN’s central technical, editorial and corporate infrastructure.
ITN changed the TV news landscape when it launched 5 News in 1997, producing Five News for nine years before winning the contract to supply news to Channel 5 again from 2012.