• latest news uk
  • FOX 10 XTRA NEWS AT 7: Latest on deadly, fiery crash in Lakewood, CO

Thanks! Share it with your friends!

• RSS UK news | The Guardian

• Stevenage 'car cruise' crash leaves 14 injured July 19, 2019
      Two cars involved were apparently racing when they collided on Monkswood Way and hit bystandersFourteen people have been injured, some seriously, after a crash involving two cars at a street meeting in Stevenage.Hertfordshire constabulary said the cars were involved in a collision on Monkswood Way at about 9.45pm on Thursday. Reports on social media suggested […]
      Staff and agencies
    • Coalition's voluntary salt limits have been 'public health disaster' July 19, 2019
      Switch in 2011 led to thousands of cases of heart disease, stroke and cancer, say researchersNearly 10,000 cases of heart disease and stroke and 1,500 cases of cancer could have been avoided in England if the coalition government had not switched to a voluntary deal with the food industry to cut salt in food, say […]
      Sarah Boseley Health editor
    • Breast-ironing is abuse and could lead to prison term, says CPS July 19, 2019
      Exclusive: perpetrators could face up to 10 years in prison under new legal guidance Relatives who “iron” a young girl’s chest with a hot stone or other objects to delay breast formation could face up to 10 years in prison, under new guidance published by the Crown Prosecution Service.The guidance makes clear to police and […]
      Inna Lazareva
    • Scotland has a drugs problem – and it’s called Westminster | Simon Jenkins July 19, 2019
      A spike in deaths shows the failure of centralised policies. Holyrood should be allowed to try new methodsScotland’s drug mortality rate cannot be shelved as just another misery statistic. It has risen by 27% in a year and is three times England and Wales’s rate, 50 times Portugal’s and higher even than that of the […]
      Simon Jenkins
    • Convicted drink-drivers could have 'alcolocks' fitted to cars July 19, 2019
      UK government funds study to see how effective devices could be in stopping reoffendingConvicted drink-drivers could have “alcolocks” fitted to their cars, preventing the vehicle from starting without the driver passing a breath test, under new road safety plans.The government is funding a study to investigate how effective the devices would be in stopping reoffending, […]
      Gwyn Topham Transport correspondent
  • RSS Home | Mail Online

• rews in Colorado battled a huge fire involving several cars on the roadway of I-70 in the Denver area Thursday afternoon.

According to Denver FOX affiliate KDVR, the fire involves several vehicles in the Lakewood area, located west of Downtown Denver, and Colorado Department of Transportation officials say I-70 is closed in both directions, due to safety concerns. Two people were hurt as a result, according to fire officials in the area, and they believe everyone was able to escape from their vehicles.

This was not the only major incident along the I-70 in the Denver area on Thursday. Earlier in the day, FOX affiliate KDVR reported on a crash involving a school bus and a semi-trailer. The crash happened about three miles north of this incident.

Sharing a mix of breaking news, Arizona stories, engaging discussions, and popular culture.

Comments

Julia Official says:

Oh my gosh!!! I pray everyone is okay!

Lonnie Sandlin says:

I want to know a few things…how long has he been driving a truck? Where did he get his cell? What cdl school did he attend. Looks to me he couldn't get it back in gear to slow down….no smoke from brakes at all.

Ady H says:

If i see Truck Drivers from Cuban, Somalian, Kenyan, Nigerian I go the other way to be safe !!!!

The Darkness It Consumes Me says:

0:34 …..that's not how you use the mic

Charles Pyatt says:

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH…. MAKE DISC BRAKES MANDATORY ON HEAVY TRUCKS !!!! Drum brakes have no place on modern vehicles !!!

Angie's Doing It says:

Why was a 23 year old driving a truck! He had two more years to catch his bearings, stop smelling his drawers, and realize he is an adult. In Chicago the driving age is 18 for a reason. If you can stay on your parents insurance and taxes till 25, you shouldn't be able to drive a truck that weighs more than an elephant down the road.He passed two off ramps for truckers to stop their trucks. The truck would have been ruined, but no one would have died. One of first thing CDL drivers learn is to look for a way out. He passed both of them, because he was being selfish and only worried about himself. If you have to hit the ditch, you do everything to not hurt others.

SST 25 says:

To all of you anti truckers…everything you eat, wear, clean yourself with, sit on, lay on, look at….EVERYTHING you touch…was delivered to where you purchased it BY us truckers that work twice as many hours than you ever did since grade school.

I’ve been driving OTR for over 30 years and haven’t had a ticket for anything for over 20 years. Quite a few years ago I had a 3.9 GPA studying Electrical Engineering and trucking provided me as a young man making a lot more money since I didn’t truly enjoy the back stabbing plastic Corporate America world anyway…

Yes, there are a lot more unsafe truckers out there and I agree with that cuz I see them every day.

AND

There are also a lot more completely INSANE automobile drivers on American Highways that I see everyday ten times more than the few of the big truck operators.

As I drive down the roads of everywheresville delivering EVERYBODY’S food, toys and material possessions, I drive safer than your grandmother, sit back very safely with two hands on my wheel…and watch the show.
    I’m one of those professional drivers that let one out of five true dumbasses go ahead and have that precious lane and risk his or her own life to have it…be my guest.

My load of of everybody’s precious goods will still be on time and I’m gonna get home alive.

Yuritsan Escalona says:

This could happen to anyone..

Libbie Clowns says:

Barring a catastrophic failure of your brakes, which is extremely rare, this was most likely the result of an inexperienced driver being in the wrong gear, not using his jake properly, and being forced to ride his service brakes all the way down which eventually smoked them and rendered them useless. If that happens, the driver has a responsibility to get off the road and either hit something that isn't another vehicle in an attempt to slow down or stop, or force the truck to rollover. What you don't get to do is slam into traffic assuming that'll help you stop and you'll probably survive, while ignoring the fact that you're going to kill a bunch of innocent people. At least four people died in this accident.

Jason Payne says:

I'm not assuming, nor am I implying, but my biggest fear as a truck driver is having to speed because I'm racing against a E-LOG, that's why I'm trying to stay on paper, some fudging and revisions might take place, but I get to drive slower and sleep better.

Spencer Dunman says:

Needless to say hes never driving another truck again in his life, good riddins meth head

Spencer Dunman says:

Faggots saying he shouldn't do jail time… uhh when you're responsible for driving a giant death machine you cannot close your eyes because you're scared, if you do so you should be charged because regardless of fear or emotions you acted in a wrong manner and deserve punishment for killing innocent people… plain and simple idiots

HappyQuails says:

Why the skip? Anyone have an unedited recording?

RON SCHUELER says:

How could the two wreaks be liked in different towns….stupid reporting.

Chris H says:

Doing 85 miles an hour I can see how you could miss the runaway ramp.

Carl Hempen says:

Make speaking and READING English a requirement to drive 80k lbs 70mph. Warning signs dont help I the driver can't read English. I'm a truck driver and the majority of drivers on the road now make me wonder how many can read or speak English. This isnt a racist thing it's a safety thing. If you want to come here and provide for your family then good for you but dont put everyone else in danger because you can't read hazard, lane closed, steep grade or other warning signs.