- Malaysia’s Mahathir wades into Anwar-Azmin row in wake of sex scandal - South China Morning Post July 19, 2019Malaysia’s Mahathir wades into Anwar-Azmin row in wake of sex scandal South China Morning PostWhile the premier's involvement will bring about a […]
- Zelensky: Ceasefire in Donbas priority for Ukraine - news politics - UNIAN July 19, 2019Zelensky: Ceasefire in Donbas priority for Ukraine - news politics UNIANUkrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky has said a ceasefire and ending the wa […]
- Ukraine, Russia-backed Separatists Agree To Prisoner Exchange, Ceasefire - Tsarizm July 19, 2019Ukraine, Russia-backed Separatists Agree To Prisoner Exchange, Ceasefire TsarizmUkraine and Russia-backed separatists in the Donbas have agreed to ex […]
- Russia Registers 2 Ceasefire Violations in Syria, Turkey Registers 5 - Russian Military - UrduPoint News July 19, 2019Russia Registers 2 Ceasefire Violations in Syria, Turkey Registers 5 - Russian Military UrduPoint NewsThe Russia has registered two ceasefire violati […]
- Talks between US and Taliban promising - Gulf News July 19, 2019Talks between US and Taliban promising Gulf NewsZalmay Khalilzad, the US special envoy for Afghanistan recently declared the latest round of talks be […]
- Stevenage 'car cruise' crash leaves 14 injured July 19, 2019Two cars involved were apparently racing when they collided on Monkswood Way and hit bystandersFourteen people have been injured, some seriously, after a crash involving two cars at a street meeting in Stevenage.Hertfordshire constabulary said the cars were involved in a collision on Monkswood Way at about 9.45pm on Thursday. Reports on social media suggested […]Staff and agencies
- Coalition's voluntary salt limits have been 'public health disaster' July 19, 2019Switch in 2011 led to thousands of cases of heart disease, stroke and cancer, say researchersNearly 10,000 cases of heart disease and stroke and 1,500 cases of cancer could have been avoided in England if the coalition government had not switched to a voluntary deal with the food industry to cut salt in food, say […]Sarah Boseley Health editor
- Breast-ironing is abuse and could lead to prison term, says CPS July 19, 2019Exclusive: perpetrators could face up to 10 years in prison under new legal guidance Relatives who “iron” a young girl’s chest with a hot stone or other objects to delay breast formation could face up to 10 years in prison, under new guidance published by the Crown Prosecution Service.The guidance makes clear to police and […]Inna Lazareva
- Scotland has a drugs problem – and it’s called Westminster | Simon Jenkins July 19, 2019A spike in deaths shows the failure of centralised policies. Holyrood should be allowed to try new methodsScotland’s drug mortality rate cannot be shelved as just another misery statistic. It has risen by 27% in a year and is three times England and Wales’s rate, 50 times Portugal’s and higher even than that of the […]Simon Jenkins
- Convicted drink-drivers could have 'alcolocks' fitted to cars July 19, 2019UK government funds study to see how effective devices could be in stopping reoffendingConvicted drink-drivers could have “alcolocks” fitted to their cars, preventing the vehicle from starting without the driver passing a breath test, under new road safety plans.The government is funding a study to investigate how effective the devices would be in stopping reoffending, […]Gwyn Topham Transport correspondent
- Son of murdered civil servant Catherine Burke brands his mother's killer an 'evil being' July 19, 2019Kasim Lewis, 32, bound and gagged Catherine Burke, 55, in her £700,000 home in Muswell Hill, north London, before stabbing her to death on November 16, 2017.
- At least 16 injured as two cars smash into spectators in Stevenage July 19, 2019WARNING - GRAPHIC CONTENT: Harrowing footage showed screaming spectators, many of them teenagers, trying to help badly wounded victims after they were 'sent flying' in the crash in Stevenage.
- Summer holidays begin as UK schools break up on Frantic Friday motorway traffic queues airports busy July 19, 2019Queues of up to an hour and a half are expected on some UK routes with more than five million families due to make their getaways as soon as school ends today.
- Newspaper columnist Stu Bykofsky is SLAMMED by rival writer at his farewell party July 19, 2019Controversial columnist Stu Bykofsky left The Philadelphia Inquirer last week after 47 years in the job, with his rival colleague Inga Saffron taking to the floor to deliver a scathing speech.
- Woman stunned to discover husband's gran's bathroom has CARPET sparks a debate over hygiene July 19, 2019A woman, believed to be from the US, was shocked to discover her husband's grandmother's bathroom was fully carpeted has questioned whether it's hygienic or practical for a room where people wash.
A cease-fire appears to be holding between Israel and Palestinian militants in Gaza after one of the worst outbreaks of violence there in five years. Both sides have launched hundreds of rockets and missiles at one another since Friday. More than 20 people have been killed in Gaza, and four more were killed in Israel. Seth Doane reports from Ashkelon, Israel.
Watch “CBS This Morning” HERE: http://bit.ly/1T88yAR
Download the CBS News app on iOS HERE: https://apple.co/1tRNnUy
Download the CBS News app on Android HERE: https://bit.ly/1IcphuX
Like “CBS This Morning” on Facebook HERE: http://on.fb.me/1LhtdvI
Follow “CBS This Morning” on Twitter HERE: http://bit.ly/1Xj5W3p
Follow “CBS This Morning” on Instagram HERE: http://bit.ly/1Q7NGnY
Get new episodes of shows you love across devices the next day, stream local news live, and watch full seasons of CBS fan favorites anytime, anywhere with CBS All Access. Try it free! http://bit.ly/1OQA29B
Delivered by Norah O’Donnell, Gayle King, and John Dickerson, “CBS This Morning” offers a thoughtful, substantive and insightful source of news and information to a daily audience of 3 million viewers. The Emmy Award-winning broadcast presents a mix of daily news, coverage of developing stories of national and global significance, and interviews with leading figures in politics, business and entertainment. Check local listings for “CBS This Morning” broadcast times.