- The Open 2019: Justin Rose eagles the 12th & birdies 13th at The Open at Royal Portrush - BBC Sport July 20, 2019The Open 2019: Justin Rose eagles the 12th & birdies 13th at The Open at Royal Portrush BBC SportWatch Justin Rose eagle the 12th hole and birdie […]
- Justin Verlander Tied For AL-Lead With 12th Win - RotoBaller July 20, 2019Justin Verlander Tied For AL-Lead With 12th Win RotoBaller1 min agoHouston Astros starter Justin Verlander struck out 12 hitters through six strong i […]
- July 19th Blue Jays Minor League Recap: Bluefield fall in 12th inning - Jays From the Couch July 20, 2019July 19th Blue Jays Minor League Recap: Bluefield fall in 12th inning Jays From the CouchJoin Jays From The Couch Every Morning For Your Toronto Blue […]
- Seahawks training camp battle: Paxton Lynch versus Geno Smith - 12th Man Rising July 20, 2019Seahawks training camp battle: Paxton Lynch versus Geno Smith 12th Man RisingThe Seahawks know who their long-term starter is and that would be Russe […]
- Astros' Justin Verlander: Fans 12 in 12th win - CBSSports.com July 20, 2019Astros' Justin Verlander: Fans 12 in 12th win CBSSports.comVerlander (12-4) picked up the win Friday, allowing two runs on eight hits and a walk […]
- Long delays to NHS cataract operations leave elderly at risk July 20, 2019New data reveals badly missed targets despite increased use of private sector providersPeople with poor eyesight are being forced to wait almost six months for operations on the NHS to remove cataracts, official figures reveal.Patients in Herefordshire are facing average delays of 168 days – five months and 17 days – for cataract surgery, according […]Denis Campbell and Pamela Duncan
- March for Change: anti-Brexit protesters take to London streets July 20, 2019March takes place three days before Boris Johnson is expected to become Tory leaderThousands of demonstrators from across the country assembled in central London today to march against Brexit, and Boris Johnson’s likely move into No 10, as well as to push for a second Brexit referendum.At first sight, the message of the “No to […]Jedidajah Otte in London
- Iran's top diplomat in UK summoned over seizure of Stena Impero tanker July 20, 2019UK foreign secretary expresses ‘extreme disappointment’ over action to Iranian counterpart The British government has summoned Tehran’s top diplomat in London and warned UK ships to temporarily avoid the strait of Hormuz after Iran seized a British-flagged tanker off its coast, deepening the crisis in the Gulf.The British foreign secretary, Jeremy Hunt, said on Saturday […]Emma Graham-Harrison
- ‘London’s galleries would drool’: ancient festival boosts ailing Welsh arts scene July 20, 2019Despite a flurry of venue closures, next month’s Eisteddfod will showcase a vibrant centre of creativityThere will be tunics and flowing cloaks, to say nothing of ancient chants, when the archdruid of the Gorsedd of Bards officiates at the annual “chairing of the bard” ceremony in August.But the crowds who gather by the River Conwy […]Vanessa Thorpe
- Two men suspected of releasing CS gas on London tube train July 20, 2019Passengers treated for coughing and shortness of breath at Oxford Circus stationPolice are looking for two male suspects after gas was released in a tube train carriage in central London.A number of people were treated at the scene by paramedics at Oxford Circus station for coughing and lack of breath. Continue reading...Nadeem Badshah
- Jamie Oliver lost £25million when his restaurant chain collapsed costing 1,000 jobs July 20, 2019Oliver, 44, who owns a north London mansion, has dipped into his own personal bank account to pay the wages of roughly 1,000 redundant staff and compensate creditors.
- Transgender woman, 26, who doused ex-boyfriend in bleach then tried to set him on fire spared jail July 20, 2019Charlotte Blundell admitted attempted criminal damage of a police vehicle at North Tyneside Magistrates' Court. Blundell had previously been jailed for a 'frenzied' bleach incident.
- Off-duty officer wins bravery award for confronting hammer-wielding woman while dressed in pyjamas July 20, 2019PC Kelda Griffiths was getting ready for bed when she saw a woman smashing windows on her street in Port Talbot, Wales. The officer grabbed the woman but was bitten and beaten by attacker.
- Could you live like this? A fascinating new show explores a Christian sect in deepest Sussex July 20, 2019A new documentary explores the Bruderhof community in Robertsbridge, Sussex. Around 300 people live in the Christian sect which emerged from First World War Germany.
- Pictured: Army private, 27, leaves wife and three children after being killed in car crash July 20, 2019Private Ross Thomas Standing, 27, who was based at RAF Brize Norton, Oxfordshire, was declared dead at the scene of the collision which took place last Saturday on the A420.
Journalist, and MP and broadcaster, I will remember him for that distictive voice.
He died at the age 86 from complications from emphysema, exactly two months before his 87th birthday.
Alastair Brian Walden was a British journalist and broadcaster who spent over a decade as a Labour Member of Parliament.
For more, see here: