- Ron Howard and Brian Grazer say they will boycott Georgia if the 'heartbeat bill' goes into effect - CNN May 20, 2019Ron Howard and Brian Grazer say they will boycott Georgia if the 'heartbeat bill' goes into effect CNNThe founders of film and television p […]
- Red Sox Review with Brian Barrett - Sale bailed out by Red Sox bats and bullpen; Red Sox need an upgrade in relief pitching - 5-19-19 - WEEI May 20, 2019Red Sox Review with Brian Barrett - Sale bailed out by Red Sox bats and bullpen; Red Sox need an upgrade in relief pitching - 5-19-19 WEEIHour 1. Bri […]
- Hazy IPA, helles lager, and pastry stout beer reviews on “At the Breweries” with Brian Noonan - WGN Radio - Chicago May 20, 2019Hazy IPA, helles lager, and pastry stout beer reviews on “At the Breweries” with Brian Noonan WGN Radio - ChicagoHazy IPA, helles lager, and pastry s […]
- Calgary police appeal to public to locate missing man - CTV News Calgary May 19, 2019Calgary police appeal to public to locate missing man CTV News CalgaryPolice in Calgary are asking the public for help to find a missing man who was […]
- Red Sox Review with Brian Barrett - Huge games from Walden and Workman in Red Sox 4-3 win over Astros - 5-19-19 - WEEI May 19, 2019Red Sox Review with Brian Barrett - Huge games from Walden and Workman in Red Sox 4-3 win over Astros - 5-19-19 WEEIHour 1. Brian Barrett recaps what […]
- Revised MoD guidance could leave door open for torture May 19, 2019Updated protocol allows information sharing even if torture may have been usedThe Ministry of Defence has insisted that newly emerged departmental guidance on the sharing of intelligence derived from torture with allies, remains in line with practices agreed in the aftermath of a series of scandals following the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq.An MoD document […]Dan Sabbagh Defence and security editor
- British nationals to be banned from parts of Syria under new law May 19, 2019Those who enter or remain in Idlib or north-east could face 10 years in jail, Sajid Javid to warnBritish nationals are to be banned from entering or remaining in parts of conflict-stricken Syria in the first use of a controversial new power.The home secretary, Sajid Javid, will reveal on Monday how he expects the law, […]Jamie Grierson
- Royal Mail to launch UK's first parcel postboxes May 19, 2019Parcel boxes to be introduced across the country, with aim to help small businessesThe Royal Mail is launching the UK’s first parcel postboxes across the country.The move follows a successful trial and is the first major change in the use of postboxes in 160 years. Continue reading...Press Association
- Brexit party's funding must be investigated, says Gordon Brown May 19, 2019Former PM is concerned ‘dirty money’ from foreign donors could reach Nigel Farage’s partyThe Electoral Commission is under mounting pressure to launch an investigation into the funding of Nigel Farage’s Brexit party because of concerns that its donation structure could allow foreign interference in British democracy.Before Thursday’s crucial European elections, Gordon Brown has written to […]Heather Stewart, Carole Cadwalladr and Frances Perraudin
- UK property register 'needed urgently' to stop money laundering May 19, 2019MPs and peers say plans for register of foreign-owned property should not be delayedProposals for the first register of foreign-owned property aimed at preventing “McMafia-style” money laundering should be put in practice urgently and reinforced to plug potential loopholes, the government has been told.Draft legislation contains insufficient verification checks to deter criminals from submitting false […]Owen Bowcott Legal affairs correspondent
- Game of Thrones Season 8 Episode 6 recap details May 20, 2019SPOILER ALERT After eight epic seasons, Game of Thrones is finally coming to an end on Sunday night with the highly-anticipated series finale that spans 80 minutes.
- New video reveals Arnold Schwarzenegger barely budged by 'crazed fan' who drop-kicked him in back May 20, 2019After the initial video of the attack when viral, Arnold Schwarzenegger, 71, tweeted out a second video, showing a wide shot of the incident, presenting a very different version of the shocking event.
- Trump issues menacing threat to Iran May 20, 2019Taking to Twitter, at just after 4pm ET, the president posted: 'If Iran wants to fight, that will be the official end of Iran. Never threaten the United States again!'
- Leonardo DiCaprio takes girlfriend Camila Morrone's photo during rare outing in Cannes May 20, 2019The Oscar winning actor proved his Instagram boyfriend status as he turned photographer during his lunch date at Hotel du Cap-Eden-Roc with the striking model.
- Grieving Game of Thrones fans can pay £40-an-hour to speak to a counsellor about the show's ending May 20, 2019A counselling service is available for fans who need someone to talk to about the ending of Game of Thrones after the final episode airs in the UK today.
In October 2005, Brian Walden looked back at historic events in British politics.
It was a frenzied week in July 1993 when Conservative rebels were trying to destroy the Maastricht Treaty and possibly with it John Major’s government. Brian Walden talked to key players from all sides of that great drama. One participant ruefully described his own part in events as one of the greatest regrets of his political career.