- GOP Rep. Amash becomes first Republican to say Trump 'engaged in impeachable conduct' - CNN May 19, 2019GOP Rep. Amash becomes first Republican to say Trump 'engaged in impeachable conduct' CNNMichigan GOP Rep. Justin Amash said Saturday he ha […]
- LIVE: Damaging wind, isolated tornado threat continues as severe storms slam central US - AccuWeather.com May 19, 2019LIVE: Damaging wind, isolated tornado threat continues as severe storms slam central US AccuWeather.comDamaging winds and flooding downpours have bec […]
- More storms eye California, western US into Memorial Day weekend - AccuWeather.com May 19, 2019More storms eye California, western US into Memorial Day weekend AccuWeather.comAdditional storms bearing rain, locally gusty thunderstorms and high- […]
- Are Prince William And Prince Harry Worth More Than Queen Elizabeth? - The Cheat Sheet May 19, 2019Are Prince William And Prince Harry Worth More Than Queen Elizabeth? The Cheat SheetWith the arrival of baby Archie Harrison and his boost the the Br […]
- India Election: Voting Ends and Exit Polls Predict a Modi Win - The New York Times May 19, 2019India Election: Voting Ends and Exit Polls Predict a Modi Win The New York TimesThe world's biggest election will determine whether Prime Minist […]
- Revised MoD guidance could leave door open for torture May 19, 2019Updated protocol allows information sharing even if torture may have been usedThe Ministry of Defence has insisted that newly emerged departmental guidance on the sharing of intelligence derived from torture with allies, remains in line with practices agreed in the aftermath of a series of scandals following the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq.An MoD document […]Dan Sabbagh Defence and security editor
- British nationals to be banned from parts of Syria under new law May 19, 2019Those who enter or remain in Idlib or north-east could face 10 years in jail, Sajid Javid to warnBritish nationals are to be banned from entering or remaining in parts of conflict-stricken Syria in the first use of a controversial new power.The home secretary, Sajid Javid, will reveal on Monday how he expects the law, […]Jamie Grierson
- Royal Mail to launch UK's first parcel postboxes May 19, 2019Parcel boxes to be introduced across the country, with aim to help small businessesThe Royal Mail is launching the UK’s first parcel postboxes across the country.The move follows a successful trial and is the first major change in the use of postboxes in 160 years. Continue reading...Press Association
- Brexit party's funding must be investigated, says Gordon Brown May 19, 2019Former PM is concerned ‘dirty money’ from foreign donors could reach Nigel Farage’s partyThe Electoral Commission is under mounting pressure to launch an investigation into the funding of Nigel Farage’s Brexit party because of concerns that its donation structure could allow foreign interference in British democracy.Before Thursday’s crucial European elections, Gordon Brown has written to […]Heather Stewart, Carole Cadwalladr and Frances Perraudin
- UK property register 'needed urgently' to stop money laundering May 19, 2019MPs and peers say plans for register of foreign-owned property should not be delayedProposals for the first register of foreign-owned property aimed at preventing “McMafia-style” money laundering should be put in practice urgently and reinforced to plug potential loopholes, the government has been told.Draft legislation contains insufficient verification checks to deter criminals from submitting false […]Owen Bowcott Legal affairs correspondent
- Game of Thrones Season 8 Episode 6 recap details May 20, 2019SPOILER ALERT After eight epic seasons, Game of Thrones is finally coming to an end on Sunday night with the highly-anticipated series finale that spans 80 minutes.
- New video reveals Arnold Schwarzenegger barely budged by 'crazed fan' who drop-kicked him in back May 20, 2019After the initial video of the attack when viral, Arnold Schwarzenegger, 71, tweeted out a second video, showing a wide shot of the incident, presenting a very different version of the shocking event.
- Trump issues menacing threat to Iran May 20, 2019Taking to Twitter, at just after 4pm ET, the president posted: 'If Iran wants to fight, that will be the official end of Iran. Never threaten the United States again!'
- Leonardo DiCaprio takes girlfriend Camila Morrone's photo during rare outing in Cannes May 20, 2019The Oscar winning actor proved his Instagram boyfriend status as he turned photographer during his lunch date at Hotel du Cap-Eden-Roc with the striking model.
- Grieving Game of Thrones fans can pay £40-an-hour to speak to a counsellor about the show's ending May 20, 2019A counselling service is available for fans who need someone to talk to about the ending of Game of Thrones after the final episode airs in the UK today.
(6 May 2019)
RESTRICTION SUMMARY: AP CLIENTS ONLY
New York, 6 May 2019
1. Various of Billy Porter being carried into the Met Gala wearing gold and posing for photographers
2. Various of Laverne Cox posing for photographers
3. Various of Harry Styles, left, and Gucci creative director Alessandro Michele, right
4. Various of Ashley Graham posing for photographers
5. Various of influencer Sofia Sanchez Barrenechea
6. Various of Brazilian supermodel Caroline Trentini wearing a skull-printed Thom Browne dress
7. Tilt up on Harry Styles posing
8. Various of contributing editor of Vogue Thailand Nichapat Suphap
9. YouTube star Liza Koshy poses for photographers
10. Vogue editor-in-chief Anna Wintour poses for photographers
11. Various of Anna Wintour’s daughter, Bee Shafer
BILLY PORTER IS CARRIED INTO THE MET GALA; ANNA WINTOUR, HARRY STYLES, SERENA WILLIAMS, MORE ARRIVE
This year’s Met Gala theme, “Camp: Notes on Fashion,” was inspired by a seminal 1964 essay by Susan Sontag in which she describes the phenomenon as something that shan’t be talked about: “To talk about Camp is therefore to betray it.”
The theme is the basis for the Costume Institute’s spring exhibition.
Vogue’s editor-in-chief Anna Wintour, who masterminds the gala every year, wore a light pink cape with loose ostrich feathers over a matching gown adorned in a flower sequin design. She smiled and waved without her usual sunglasses on her face and told waiting reporters this year’s theme is anything goes.
Billy Porter was an Egyptian-esque sun god in gold wings and a chain head piece by the design duo the Blonds and was carried onto the carpet by shirtless men in gold pants as he lay on top of a black throne.
Laverne Cox wore an all-black Christian Siriano gown. The “Orange Is the New Black” star had a black ruffled dress with turquoise hair and eye make-up.
British pop star Harry Styles wore a black sheer Gucci top and back bottoms.
Model Ashley Graham wore a pink Dapper Dan-designed dress in collaboration with Gucci, which featured the brand’s signature interlocking Gs in red stitching with a green border. Graham accessorized the look with nude stockings, clear heels, gold hoop earrings and numerous hair clips and bows that adorned her sleek ponytail.
Fellow model, Caroline Trentini, wore a black skull-printed gown by Thom Browne.
Clients are reminded:
(i) to check the terms of their licence agreements for use of content outside news programming and that further advice and assistance can be obtained from the AP Archive on: Tel +44 (0) 20 7482 7482 Email: email@example.com
(ii) they should check with the applicable collecting society in their Territory regarding the clearance of any sound recording or performance included within the AP Television News service
(iii) they have editorial responsibility for the use of all and any content included within the AP Television News service and for libel, privacy, compliance and third party rights applicable to their Territory.
Find out more about AP Archive: http://www.aparchive.com/HowWeWork
You can license this story through AP Archive: http://www.aparchive.com/metadata/youtube/01503f447259a7dd70fca5f44ffcc2f4